Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Namaste Nepal

As the saying goes, "All good things must come to an end." And so today I say Namaste to the beautiful country of Nepal and their amazing people. I've included a few pictures from my last walk around Kathmandu this morning.



Long ago, I had planned to give a further definition of the word Namaste, so it's only fitting that I include it as I depart.

Namaste is kind of like a praise to the person or people receiving the namaste. The word's meaning is “I bow to the divine in you" or "the spirit within me salutes the spirit within you." Namaste is a traditional Indian/Nepali greeting of respect and thank you, with spiritual and symbolic meaning. Namaste is usually spoken with a slight bow and hands pressed together, palms touching and fingers pointing upwards, thumbs close to the chest. It is used for both salutations (greetings) and valedictions (farewells).

I will miss all the people who have made me feel so welcomed here.  I will miss trekking through the mighty himalayas, which I recently learned means "the land of snow".  I will miss the Dal bhat, even though I have had it for lunch and dinner almost everyday since I've been here!

Thank you, Nepal.  I promise to come back again someday.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment