Friday, November 20, 2015

Trekking Sagarmatha National Park (Day 7-8)

On the seventh day, there was at last a hot shower after a long day of trekking (thankfully most of it downhill). The hike back to Namche covered the most ground of any up until this point, 12.2 miles, and still included one big ascent so that my iPhone registered another 129 flights for the day. It felt good to get down to a more breathable altitude of just 11,286' and to finally enjoy the luxury of a warm shower to wash away all that dirt and sweat.



After the shower, it was off the the bakery to treat myself to a chocolate croissant and some free wifi as I had not been connected for the past three days.



The next day was my final day of trekking on this trip as we returned from Namche back to Lukla. The total trek was 13.6 miles and added another 188 flights as we hiked down to 2610m before ascending back up to Lukla at 2840m.


For the 8 day trek, here are the total distance and flights climbed:

-66.8 miles (avg 8.3 miles per day)
-1127 flights (avg 142 per day)

It was a great eight days of trekking that I will never forget!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment