Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Earth shake

On my second or third night in Chanaute I awoke and thought I felt a vibration of some sort. I wondered if this might be a light aftershock but I didn't see anything in my room moving or falling off the ledge where I had a few items so I dismissed it as my imagination. Then last night I again awoke and felt a vibration but this time I was pretty sure it was a very minor aftershock. Again, nothing was rattling off the ledge, so it was definitely minor. Later that day one of the locals asked me if I felt the earthquake last night so I'm sure that there was indeed a minor aftershock last night.
In case any of you are worried about my safety, my room sits above a newly constructed clinic room that was built by an engineer to withstand earthquakes and this part of the structure has withstood the two earthquakes that occurred last spring, so you can rest easy that I'm in a safe place.

Below are a couple of pictures from my hike yesterday morning.



North of Chanaute...



-Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment