Saturday, October 3, 2015

Drawing and Games

Today I was outside on my off day working on a drawing when 9 year old Saugat came by (I mentioned him briefly in a previous post and that his English is pretty good). He was curious about what I was up to and I showed him my drawing and asked him if he wanted to join me and draw something himself. He smiled and nodded yes, so I handed him some paper and offered him his choice of colored pencils. Below is Saugat and his masterpiece. In the lower corner it says Art by Saugat.





Saugat then ran off only to show up again later with a hula hoop of sorts (essentially a piece of plastic tubing with a piece of wood wedged to hold the two ends together in a ring). He then demonstrated his excellent Hula skills. Afterwards we played tic tac toe, Rock Paper Scissors and a couple of other games (three other kids had joined in or were watching at this point).
Eventually the kids wore me out and I told them to run along and maybe we can play again next Saturday.


Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

  1. So cute! Uncle Jerry would love to play with those kids too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, he's even better with kids than I am. I'm going to see if I can sneak one or two out in the large suitcase you lent me!

    ReplyDelete